This Limited Edition comes stuffed full of special features including new and exclusive interviews with cast and crew. David Liddell shines a light on how he bought the film (and food) to life with stunning cinematography. Horror and food combine in a fusion like no other.
Widowed mother Holly (Guillory – Luther, Love Actually) is pushed to breaking point when her daughter Betsey (Alexander) changes beyond all recognition. A life-altering experience leaves her unable to eat, but her weight doesn’t seem to drop and, as her behaviour becomes increasingly more erratic, her family are torn between love and fear.
Her younger sister’s (Stokes) own recent mental health problems may offer a solution, but when Grandmother June (Lindsay Duncan - Birdman, About Time) arrives, she puts pressure on Holly not to indulge Betsey’s behaviour… then things really start to unravel.
An exploration of grief, mental health and finding one’s place in the world, A BANQUET serves up a real horror treat.
• Deformity of the Flesh: An Interview with Ruth Paxton
• Improvised Exorcism: An interview with Jessica Alexander
• Produced in a Pandemic: An interview with Leonora Darby
• Dark Edges: An interview with David Liddell
• Glasgow Film Festival Q&A with Ruth Paxton, Jessica Alexander & Sienna Guillory
• Family Disorder: The Making of a Banquet
Limited Edition Contents
• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Jen Davies
• Soft cover book with new essays by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Jennie Kermode and Anya Stanley
• Six collectors' art cards
Pre-order the Ltd Ed UK BD from Amazon.co.uk