With the pivotal line “Have you checked the children?” seminal slasher When A Stranger Calls, that sees a babysitter terrorised by a psychopathic killer, struck fear into the hearts of a generation of filmgoers.
Now this terrifying movie, directed by Fred Walton (The Rosary Murders) and starring Carol Kane (The Princess Bride) and Charles Durning (Dog Day Afternoon), is set to get its first ever UK Blu-ray and on download and on-demand courtesy of Second Sight on 17 December 2018.
This hugely influential horror opens with the babysitter receiving the chilling phone call from a killer, which has often been copied, but rarely bettered and provided the inspiration for the first scene in Wes Craven’s hit Scream.
Now this genre-defining film gets the high def treatment as one Blu-ray disc / one CD set in stunning collector’s packaging. When A Stranger Calls/ When A Stranger Calls Back: Limited Edition features a brand-new scan and restoration of the original film; the sequel When a Stranger Calls Back in HD; the original, rarely seen, short film The Sitter newly restored; brand new interviews; a 40-page perfect bound booklet; Original Soundtrack CD; reversible poster featuring new and original artwork; reversible sleeve featuring new and original artwork.
When A Stranger Calls sees an urban legend made flesh, as student babysitter Jill Johnson is looking after a family’s children when she receives the first in a series of mysterious and increasingly scary phone calls from a stranger. Police trace the call and discover it’s coming from inside the house, sparking a desperate chase and a shocking and grisly discovery.
Seven years later, the brutal killer has escaped from psychiatric hospital and is once again targeting Johnson. The cop who saved her first time around, now a private detective comes to her aid, but can they track the brutal killer before it’s too late?
Be sure to lock the doors, ignore the ringing phone and make sure the kids are alright, before watching When A Stranger Calls.
LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Original Soundtrack CD
• 40-page perfect bound booklet with new essay by Kevin Lyons
• Reversible poster with new and original artwork
• Rigid slipcase packaging
• Brand new scan and restoration
• The sequel ‘When a Stranger Calls Back’ in HD
• The original, rarely seen short film ‘The Sitter’ – brand new scan and restoration
• Directing ‘A Stranger’: An interview with Director Fred Walton
• Carol Kane on 'When a Stranger Calls’
• Rutanya Alda on 'When a Stranger Calls’
• Scoring ‘A Stranger’: An interview with Composer Dana Kaproff
• Reversible sleeve with new artwork by Obviously Creative and original poster artwork
• English subtitles for the hearing impaired for both films
Pre-order the UK BD from Amazon.co.uk