The true heir to William Peter Blatty and William Friedkin’s 1973 masterpiece, The Exorcist III is a hellish horror detective story that pairs thoughtful theological themes with scenes of sheer terror.
The personal vision of Blatty (the acclaimed author of The Exorcist), The Exorcist III is set 15 years after the events of the first film and sees Lieutenant Kinderman (George C. Scott, The Changeling) investigate a series of horrific murders that follow the modus operandi of the notorious Gemini Killer... who died several years earlier in the electric chair.
After his friend Father Dyer (Ed Flanders) is murdered in his hospital bed, Kinderman’s investigations lead him to ‘Patient X’, a psychopath housed at the same hospital who claims to be the Gemini Killer, and who knows intimate crime scene details. Their encounter leads to a fiery climactic confrontation between the eternal forces of good and evil...
The Exorcist III boasts some of modern horror’s most unforgettable scares and exceptional supporting performances from Jason Miller (The Ninth Configuration) and Brad Dourif (Dune). Blatty’s film is presented here in both its original theatrical cut and the recently assembled ‘Legion’ director’s cut.
TWO-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Two presentations of The Exorcist III: the theatrical cut and the ‘Legion’ director’s cut
- Original 2.0 stereo audio and optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Richard Wells
- Limited edition booklet with new writing on the film by Lee Gambin, archival articles and reviews
DISC ONE: THE THEATRICAL CUT
- 2K restoration of the theatrical cut of The Exorcist III, presented in High Definition
- New audio commentary by critics Alexandra Heller Nicholas and Josh Nelson
- Audio interview with writer/director William Peter Blatty
- Death, Be Not Proud: The Making of The Exorcist III, an in-depth 2016 documentary divided into five chapters:
- Chapter One: A “Wonderful” Time, an interview with producer Carter DeHaven and members of the supporting cast and production crew
- Chapter Two: Signs of the Gemini, an interview with actor Brad Dourif
- Chapter Three: The Devil in the Details, an interview with production designer Leslie Dilley and more
- Chapter Four: Music for a Padded Cell, an interview with composer Barry De Vorzon
- Chapter Five: All this Bleeding, interviews about the additional shoot and special effects
- The Exorcist III: Vintage Interviews, archival interviews with cast and crew members including William Peter Blatty, producer James Robinson, actors George C. Scott, Jason Miller, Grand L. Bush and Ed Flanders
- Falling Down a Long Flight of Steps, an interview with special effects artist Randy Moore
- The Exorcist III: Vintage Featurette, making-of documentary with onset footage and interviews
- Deleted scenes, alternate takes and bloopers
- Image galleries
- Trailers TV spots and radio spots
DISC TWO: THE ‘LEGION’ DIRECTOR’S CUT
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the ‘Legion’ director’s cut, assembled from the best available film and video elements
- Brand new ‘Legion’ audio commentary with esteemed film critics Mark Kermode and Kim Newman
- Deleted Prologue, an alternate opening to ‘Legion’ with option audio commentary from Mark Kermode and Kim Newman.
Buy the UK BD from Amazon.co.uk