Once proclaimed as “positively the most horrifying film ever made”, "Mark of the Devil" finally arrives uncut in the UK in a special Limited Edition 3 Disc Blu-ray & DVD set from Arrow films.
A bloody and brutal critique of religious corruption, Mark of the Devil sees horror icon Udo Kier ("Flesh for Frankenstein", "Suspiria") play a witchfinder’s apprentice whose faith in his master (Herbert Lom - "Asylum") becomes severely tested when they settle in an Austrian village.
Presided over by the sadistic albino (a memorably nasty turn from Reggie Nalder - "Salems Lot"), the film presents its morality not so much in shades of grey as shades of black.
Written and directed by Michael Armstrong, who would later pen "Eskimo Nell", "The Black Panther" and "House of the Long Shadows", this classic shocker has lost none of its power over the years – especially now that British audiences can finally see it in one piece.
Special Edition Contents:
- High definition digital transfer
- Newly created and exclusive content including interviews with cast and crew!
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film and more!
- More to be revealed closer to the release date
Released 4th August
Pre-order this set from Amazon.co.uk