Arrow Video is excited to announce the UK Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD release of the 1985 cult horror classic THE STUFF which will be available to own in the UK from 10th March.
The Stuff is the new dessert taking supermarket shelves by storm. It’s delicious, low in calories and – better still – doesn’t stain the family carpet… What’s not to like?! Well, for a start it has a life of its own, and we’re not talking friendly live bacteria…
Young Jason seems to be the only one who doesn’t love The Stuff – in fact he won’t go anywhere near it, after having seen the pudding crawling around the fridge one night. What’s more, everyone who eats The Stuff has started acting really weird… Now, teaming up with wise-cracking industrial saboteur “Moe”, Jason must put a stop to The Stuff and the organisation behind it or face a gooey, gloopy demise.
Coming courtesy of horror auteur Larry Cohen (director of the It’s Alive series and scribe behind the Maniac Cop trilogy), The Stuff is a titillating treat for the taste-buds which blends elements of films such as Street Trash with the straight-up B-movie flavour of The Blob. So grab a spoon and dig on into The Stuff – the taste that delivers… much more than you bargained for!
This deluxe edition, which represents the first time the film will be released on Blu-ray in the UK, features packaging that showcases a fantastically gloopy, newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin. But retro purists need fear not - as they will find that the reversible sleeve is adorned with the original UK VHS art by poster art legend Graham Humphreys
Special Features on the discs include...
- New High Definition restoration of the film from a brand new 2K scan of the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film
- Original stereo 2.0 audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Can’t Get Enough of The Stuff: Making Larry Cohen’s Classic Creature Feature – Documentary featuring Larry Cohen, producer Paul Kurta, actress Andrea Marcovicci, Steve Neill (mechanical makeup effects) and Kim Newman
- Introduction and trailer commentary by director and The Stuff fan Darren Bousman (Saw II, Saw III)
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Joel Harley, illustrated with original stills and promotional materials
Buy the UK BD/DVD combo pack from Amazon.co.uk